Monday, September 8, 2008

Maya Careen

Maya Careen

Not everyone likes the labor details, but some do, and it will be nice to be able to refer to this if ever I forget. If you're not interested you can skip the next paragraph...





So my Dr. was going to schedule me to be induced on the 12th or the 15th, but I had a thought the first week in August (although it seems like it was a lot longer ago than that) that I would go into labor on my own before that scheduled date. Well, on Thursday, August 21st I began having some contractions. Every evening after that I had contractions, and each day they would get a little bit more intense, and I would have more of them. Finally on Wednesday, August 27th I had contractions on and off all day long. Cameron had flown to Salt Lake that morning and left in the evening to drive back a new car. He arrived in Boise around 10:30 and helped me pack up the kids. We drove separate cars back to Fruitland, and just before we got there I called to tell him we needed to head back to Boise. After arriving home we grabbed a few things, switched the kids and the carseats to the new car and headed back to my parents' house. We dropped the kids off to them and drove to the hospital. Cameron slept through them checking me, calling my dr, walking the halls for an hour and one more check-up. We woke him up in time to move to labor and delivery. That was 4am. At 8:30 they broke my water, and my contractions intensified immediately. My labor began progressing so rapidly there was no time for an epidural. They did a spinal instead. The relief was immediate! It was amazing. Maya was born at 10:30am after pushing through only one contraction. A very smooth delivery!




Maya weighed 7lbs, 2oz and she is such a beautiful baby. She sleeps all the time. A lot of babies have their nights and days mixed up. Not her. She sleeps day and night. She has dark blue eyes, which makes me think her eyes will be blue, but it's still hard to tell at this age. She has light brown hair which is incredibly soft and evenly covers her perfectly shaped head. She has long fingers and toes, but she wasn't very long at birth. Only 19". When she was born she didn't look skinny at all, in fact she looked very full, and I'm sure it's because she is shorter.

1 comment:

Jamie Jo said...

Hi, I'm Uncle Trace's daughter. I just found your blog today. Congrats on your "new" daughter. She's darling! How fun to have a girl.