Monday, September 8, 2008

The boys and Maya


Our boys are growing up. They are getting to be more and more fun. They love to wrestle and climb on their dad. They are always asking Cameron to "get" them or to be a dinosaur. They are excited to have a new sister and have proven to be excellent big brothers so far, and with the exception of one toy that hit Maya in the head, they've been really good to her!



Brady loves Maya, and he tells me that often. He told a friend of mine that 'Maya and my mom have the same middle name, Careen'. Then he told her that his new baby sister's name is Maya and that he loves her name. He loves to hold her and he softly and tenderly speaks loving things to her. He's still as smart as ever, and he's so sweet. Everyday he either tells me that he loves me, that I'm his favorite mom, or that I'm his best mom.




Brock also loves Maya. He always asks if he can 'carry her'. He would hold her forever if I would let him. Today he sat on the couch next to where she was sleeping and before I knew it he had picked her up and was holding her by himself. I told him he can hold her whenever he wants, but he has to ask me first. He's really gotten into coloring. He will color in a coloring book all day long. He colors picture after picture, and he usually uses the same pencil the entire time, which means I have to sharpen it a gazillion times. He's also into doing everything by himself, which is nice for things like getting dressed, putting on shoes, and brushing his teeth. It's not so nice for things that he can't do by himself because when I help him he gets mad. I have to help him in a way that still makes him feel he's doing it himself.

Ian is extremely animated in his facial expressions, personality, mannerisms and movements. He's getting better at playing with his big brothers and entertaining himself, but he's still pretty demanding. He throws everything he gets his hands on. If it's any kind of stick he swings it and smacks things with it. He likes to sit with me whenever I'm holding Maya. He doesn't have any animosity towards her, but he just doesn't want to miss out on any of the action. When Cameron is home Ian is attached to him. He doesn't want anything to do with me if Cameron is around.

5 comments:

The Plewe Clan said...

I love the pics and I am so glad you have this...it is so awesome to keep up with everyone this way!

Tracy said...

I am so glad you are a blogger now!! She is beautiful and I love the name :) (one of Jeff's favorites) It was so fun to see you guys this summer...we need to do it way more often! Best of luck with four...however you are super mom! :)

Heidi said...

I am excited to see you have a blog now Sarah! It was fun seeing the pics of your kids...they have changed so much already!! Especially Brock and Ian! We miss you guys! Good luck with everything!

steph j. said...

Hi Sarah, I found your blog on Heidi's and I thought I'd say hello and congratulations! How fun to have a girl in the house! Where are you guys now?

SaraPete said...

What cute pictures! I love the name Maya too! I can't believe you have 4 kids...I can barely handle 2! Hope you guys are doing well!